- Before or when we collect personal information, we will identify the information’s purpose.
- We collect personal information only for the purpose of achieving our designated purposes and other compatible purposes unless we have obtained the consent of the person concerned or we are required by law to do so and use it.
- We retain personal information only as long as it is necessary to fulfil these purposes.
- We collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the person concerned.
- Personal data must be relevant to the purposes for which it is used and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, accurate, complete and up-to-date.
- We protect personal information with appropriate security guarantees against loss or theft and unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or alteration.
- We provide you with information about our policies and practices regarding managing personal information.
What Personal Data Do We Get, & Why Do We Get It.
When visitors leave comments on this site, we collect the data displayed in the comment form, as well as the IP address and browser user agent string, to aid spam detection. An anonymous string (also known as a hash) created from your email address may be provided to verify whether you are using the Gravatar service. Your comment will be posted after approving your comment.
When uploading images to the site, do not upload pictures with location information (GPS EXIF). Website visitors can download and extract arbitrary location data from images on your website.
If you contact us through one of our contact forms, we may ask you to provide your email ID and name so that we can contact you.
If you leave a comment on our website, you can choose to save your name, email address and website in cookies. This is for your convenience so that you do not have to re-enter your details when you leave another comment. These cookies are valid for one year. When you visit our login page, a temporary cookie is set to determine if the browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data & is discarded when you close your browser. When you sign in, we also set some cookies to save your login information and screen display options. Login cookies are kept for two days, and screen options cookies are for one year. If you choose "Remember Me", your login will be retained for two weeks. Login cookies are removed when you log out of your account. Additional cookies are stored in your browser when you edit or publish an article. This cookie contains no personal data, just the post ID of the article you just edited. Expires after one day.
Embedded Content From Other Websites
How Long We Keep Your Data
If you leave a comment, your comment and its metadata will be retained indefinitely. This is so that follow-up comments can be automatically recognized and approved instead of keeping comments in a moderation queue. For users who register on our website (if any), the personal information they provide is also stored in their user profile. All users can view, edit or delete their personal information at any time (but cannot change their username). Website administrators can also view and edit that information.
What Rights Do You Have Over Data?
If you have an account on this website or have left comments on this site, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including the data you have provided to us. You can also request that we delete the personal data we hold about you. This does not include data that we are required to retain for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Visitor comments may be checked by an automatic spam detection service. We are committed to conducting business in accordance with these principles to ensure that personal information is protected and kept confidential.